Why I Love Czech Republic


I still remember the day I arrived in Prague airport. It was the 30th of October 2016 at past 12 noon and the sun was shining bright. My heart leaped with joy as I saw the city even when I was still on the airplane. "It's very beautiful" – the first three words that came out of my mouth. My tears were falling but I had to keep my composure because I didn't want to bother my seatmate. It's been a long time I have been yearning to see Czech Republic. I thought that it would only be just a dream, but who could have ever thought that dreams do come true? It is not as popular as France, Italy, Spain or any other European countries, but it is my favorite. I was honestly not aware about its existence in the world until I heard about it from my fellow travelers. Out of my curiosity, I searched for some images and information about it on google. I was mesmerized by its features and architecture. I like theatres, and it has a lot. It seems I have fallen in love with it at first sight. Alas! It came to pass that I was actually able to see it by myself. Unlike other places that only look good on pictures, it has exceeded my expectations and I was never disappointed. Surely, Czech Republic has a lot of things to offer, not only its beautiful sceneries but also its people and culture. See for yourself! 


I took this photo while I was standing on Charles Bridge. It was the first week of November when I visited it. The color of the leaves had changed and some were already falling. 





This building is called the Dancing House. It was quite far from the Old Town Square, where my hostel was located. I walked for some kilometers just to see it (Yes, "kilometers" because I always get lost. I have a very bad ability in reading maps). I was just frustrated because I really thought it's dancing, but it's not. Also, it's not a house! It's a hotel. I still can't figure out why they called it Dancing House; it's very misleading. LOL By the way, I waited for about 30 minutes to be able to take this photo with less cars. I guess it's worth the wait. 




This photo was taken at the Old Town Square. This is by far the most crowded area in Prague especially in December when they start putting up Christmas markets. They have a lot of activities. You can play with bubbles and feel like a kid again. They also have shops, restaurants, food stalls, and museums nearby. If you're going to book an accommodation in Prague, make sure it's near the Old Town Square so you will be able to enjoy the entire city because it's just near to other tourist spots.



These are my favorite photos in Prague. I have more photos, but I will just make a separate blog for it. ^_^ I also visited other places in Czech Republic like Český Krumlov, Hluboká nad Vltavou, and Doudleby. I stayed in České Budějovice for six weeks. In that span of time, I got to know their culture and met a lot of people. 



Český Krumlov
 This is just a small village which is 45 minutes away from České Budějovice by bus. This is another famous site-seeing spot in Czech Republic. Many tourists describe it as a place like that you see in fairy tales. It will be the best to visit it in summer if you want to swim in the river and do some water activities.



České Budějovice 
It's a city that is two and a half hours away from Prague by train. I like this city very much because it's not too crowded and it's close to nature. It is has farms, trees, and is surrounded by rivers. The living cost there is also cheaper than in Prague.



Hluboká Castle 
 It is just 30 minutes away by car from  České Budějovice. It is a very popular site for prenuptial shoots. Some people hold their wedding ceremonial rites in the castle.




Doudleby 
It is a very small village near to České Budějovice en route to Český Krumlov. It's not a popular place that's why my friends in Czech Republic were wondering what I did there. I actually went there with my host family only to attend a Christmas presentation. I was not able to tour around the town a lot but I like it because it's very nice and peaceful. The people there are very warm and hospitable. I got free hot wine and pastries. 



These were the only places I visited in Czech Republic. I highly recommend you to go to the countryside, not just Prague, if one day you'll decide to go there. Prague is very nice, but I honestly prefer the rural areas because they are less crowded, cheaper, and closer to nature. Almost each city has a castle, and tourists can just visit some of them for free. In case you need a ticket to visit one of them, it won't be very expensive.

Aside from architecture and landscapes, I also like the culture and attitude of Czech people. They are very hospitable and kind, just make sure that you will be punctual at all times. They don't like people who are late. They are also very helpful. I find it amazing that even if some of them could not speak English, they still did their best to help me with directions by using sign language. They are also warm to foreigners; they often smile at me even if we didn't know each other. Among all the countries I visited in Europe, I think the people in Czech Republic are the friendliest. I don't look like them but they never let me feel that I was different. They are also generous. As a matter of fact, I gained a lot of weight during my stay. Most Czechs I have met are very talented in art and music. I met some people who could play five to seven musical instruments! My gosh! I couldn't even master my acoustic guitar. LOL Most Czech women don't wear make-up; they are naturally beautiful. Some of them look like Hollywood celebrities. I didn't get bored or homesick during my stay because everyone and everything I see is beautiful.










These are the reasons I love Czech Republic. One day, I know you will love it, too. 



******




Comments

  1. Czech Republic is known to different people in different ways. Nobody knows with their oldest castle in China. Again, as a world heavyest beer consignor in China. But Piyasu knowledge of knowledge is slightly different. This professor of talented physicist Einstein at a renowned university of Czech Republic. In April 1911, the physicist of Charles University was appointed Einstein as full-time professor. Within that time, he was the author of the special theory of relativity, and was praised as authors of many successful studies in thermodynamics and molecular physics, especially quantum theory, physics. Currently there are a number of Bangladeshi students studying and studying at Charles University. If you wish, you can be one of those meritians, perseverance and good results.http://www.subinduadvisor.com/admission/czech-universities/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Go to Siargao from Samar the Cheapest and Easiest Way

Visa Application Sample Cover Letter for Freelancers

Adventure Diary: Pinipisakan Falls and Sulpan Cave