How to Get Ready for a Trip in Europe: Apply for Schengen Visa and Get it Approved in Five Business Days



Are you planning to travel in Europe and wanting to get your visa quickly without spending a lot for agency? Follow these tips, and you will be in good hands.


First, prepare all the requirements you need. The requirements may vary depending on the country you are going, so it would always be better for you to visit the official website of the embassy. If you are planning to go to many countries, you have to apply at the embassy of the country where you will be staying the longest. In case you will be wandering each country for the same number of days, you have to apply where your point of entry is. You can check this website for more information.


In case you have not yet made up your mind where you are going, I recommend you to check the weather and temperature of the country in advance. You could check them at http://www.accuweather.com. If you want to enjoy your vacation, you have to make sure that country has a favourable weather condition during the time of your visit.


I applied my visa at the Embassy of Czech Republic since I would be staying there the longest. Why not? It’s my favourite country. :P I actually would recommend all of you to go to Czech Republic. The food and cost of living is not so expensive like in France and other European countries. I think it’s almost the same as in the Philippines. Anyway, I will just write another blog about my stay in Czech Republic if I could have more time. ^_^

Now, let’s focus on the requirements. You may copy them in case you are forgetful like me. It’s better to have a list of the things you need, so have your pen and paper ready. ;)



1. Application form and your lastest photograph

The application form can be downloaded from the embassy’s website. In case you will apply at the embassy of Czech Republic, you can get it from this link. 
The required picture may vary in different embassies. Some require the passport size and the others prefer 2"x2". Always check the website of the embassy you are applying with.  

2. Passport
Passport should have at least 90 days validity after the intended departure and have been issued within the previous 10 years. It should contain at least two blank pages. In case you don't have space in your passport anymore, just apply for a new one by visiting the office of the Department of Foreign Affairs nearest to you.   


 3. Accommodation Confirmation
If you will be living with a relative during your trip, that person needs to write a letter of confirmation that you will be living with him/her. The address and the duration of your stay with him/her should be specified.  In case you will be staying at a hotel, you just need to print the confirmation email from the company. I got the cheapest accommodation from hostelworld.com or booking.com.  


4.  Official Bank Certificate (proof of financial means)


My other friend who has been to Europe recommended me to present at least PHP 100,000.00 in my account as my travel allowance. You might need more than that if you’re planning to stay for more than a month. You can calculate your expenses by checking this website. The key is just to make sure you have enough and you won’t end up begging on the streets afterwards. 
You can get the Official Bank Certificate from your bank. Always check the website of the embassy you will be applying at in case they have specific requirements. 

5. Roundtrip flight reservation / booking


6.   Travel medical insurance
I got mine from Malayan, because they offer the cheapest insurance among all the other insurance companies I have inquired so far. Just don’t forget to click the option that you need the insurance as a requirement for Schengen visa.
You can check the other requirements and list of accepted companies here.


 7.   Other supporting documents

a. For employees: Certificate of Employment, Leave Approval 
b. For business owners: Business papers (SEC/DTI Certification) 
c. For students: Certificate of Enrollment  
d. For Freelancers or home-based workers (like me):
    • Certificate that indicates your profession e.g. tutor certificate
    • Copy of latest payslip
    • A letter written by you indicating that you are just a freelancer so you don’t need leave approval (it’s better if it’s notarized but not necessarily) 
    • Latest Income Tax Return or BIR 2316 
    •  A letter from your company, in case you have, indicating that you are an independent contractor and you don’t have any employee-employer relationship 

          e. Invitation letter (if you're visiting someone or going for cultural purposes)


 8. Payment for the application
Visa fees can be found at the embassy website you’re applying to.  
For Czech Republic, you could check it here.


These are all I have presented so far, and I got my visa after five business days. You have to personally get your visa or you can send an authorized representative. Your representative needs to bring the original notarized authorization letter.



In case you get rejected, you can always ask for an appeal by writing a letter to the embassy stating why they should not reject you.


Good luck! :) :) :)




Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail aboutSchengen visa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My blog addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good info. Lucky me I found your site by accident (stumbleupon). I have saved it for later!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Go to Siargao from Samar the Cheapest and Easiest Way

Visa Application Sample Cover Letter for Freelancers

Adventure Diary: Pinipisakan Falls and Sulpan Cave