The Worst I've Loved


Blog EntryApr 10, '09 8:50 AM
for everyone



He is the worst that I have thought

He always grins at me
He is the one I’ve never sought
He’s always criticizing me


We had a hard time with each other
Quarreling for nonsense matters
A jerk, a freak, an asshole he was
With the worst attitude, that’s all he has


He always makes fun of me
Making my tears run down my cheek
Thinking of some way to embarrass me
Truly, he’s such a freak


But then, I find him cuter nowadays
And gentle he seems in all his ways
It’s incredible as you may see
But I don’t know what this means to me

Then, he walked grinning at me
So repugnant he used to be
“Hey, crazy lass!” said he
“I’m in love with you can’t you see?”

I was shocked knowing it won’t be true
He looked at me and gently he smiled
As expressing in his eyes a rue
With countenance in his eyes so mild

“You’re just kidding!” said I
But in my heart I want to fly
This can’t be! My heart must’ve lied
And now with pettish heart I cried

And he said, “To make you angry and hurt  you
Must be a way so you won’t know
That my feelings inside was just so true
My dear, I love you but you mustn’t know.”

With wet eyes, I said, “How could you?
You must be lying to break my heart in two
You’re such a freak from the very start
Please don’t fool me and break my heart.”

Out I ran, plotted to never come back
But he ran after me and grasped my hand
“Don’t you love me too?” said he
Oh, please! Would you forgive me?

I don’t want to have a sigh of regret
For not accepting the love I could get
And so with confused heart I thought,
“Isn’t he the one I could have sought?”

I answered him without a sigh,
“I forgive you but I should have
No painful inch to gain so nigh
So you can have my friendship but not my love

We became friends at times
And love developed just like the limes
When daylight comes, comes the light
Even the wrong may sometimes feel right

But then, there’s still a question in my mind
Why of all people he’s the one I find
He became my worst foe you see
But now I love him and he loves me

What a folly, what a dash
Love began with just a clash
So incredulous from all above
Ah! He is the worst I have loved!

--Written on 31 Aug 2004

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Go to Siargao from Samar the Cheapest and Easiest Way

Visa Application Sample Cover Letter for Freelancers

Adventure Diary: Pinipisakan Falls and Sulpan Cave