Girls' Guide to Online Dating


Due to the advent of technology, online dating has been popular nowadays especially for people who are too busy to mingle with other singles. As a matter of fact, it is the most convenient way of getting acquainted with someone who is residing in other cities or countries. You just have to create a user account, fill in your details, and you will be able to see a pool of potential partners. Some people who are using it are not necessarily unattractive. It's just that some prefer to marry people with other nationalities.  Why not? Biracial or multiracial offsprings are always good looking. ;) Since travelling to a foreign country is quite expensive, some people use online dating as the main medium to find their future partners.
However, one must be very careful in using this kind of technology as it also may pose risks to its users. Hence, I have created a guide for those who want to try it – how to attract better potential partners and be safe.


1. Select a profile picture that is creative and unique.


Choose a picture that represents you, but make sure you don’t look like a slut in it. Always remember the saying, “You attract what you are.” If you present yourself as trashy, then expect some trashy guys and trashy messages also. In order to make this social experiment, I created two accounts using different pictures. In one account, I used a picture where I was wearing less make up and an Igorot costume during my trip in Baguio (left). In another account, I used an edited picture where I was wearing a lot of make-up (right).

On the first picture, I got a lot of compliments from many men. They told me I look really interesting and unique. Whereas other girls are showing their boobs, I was covered and wearing a traditional clothing. I guess that has sparked their interest. I was also able to receive at least 30 messages per minute. Most guys who sent me a message are actually just asking me what I was wearing. I guess that’s a good topic as a conversation starter also. Because of this, I got respect from other male users.On the second picture, I was wearing make-up and contact lenses. I still got many messages, but most of them are boring until I changed my headline (see #3).


2. Be mysterious. Do not put much information.

Make your profile simple. It is actually mystery that catches the attention of other people.  Come to think of it, what else are they going to ask you if they already know everything? Besides, you don’t want the other guys whom you don’t like to know about you, right? In this case, you will be able to maintain your animosity and confidentiality. You will also be able to have the opportunity to choose whom to reveal yourself.





3. Add a catchy headline. 

What is the purpose you created an online dating account? Is it to find a partner or just get ideas and information? What is the major attribute you are looking for in a potential partner? Is it intelligence, humor, commitment, or etc.? Create a witty and interesting headline that shows your main purpose.





I also changed my headline to "I like to have intellectual conversations. Let's talk about Syria and latest medical technologies" and I had a lot of messages after that.






4. Don’t complain. Ignore or fight.
It is actually unavoidable to find some perverts online, asking to meet you and have physical intercourse with them. If you want to avoid them completely, you have to make them stop sending messages to you. Complaining to them will just waste your time and effort. It might just make your conversation longer.  In the end, this will make you stressed. One strategy is just to keep on ignoring them until they stop because they realized their efforts are useless. However, there are some instances when a guy is so persistent that he becomes annoying. In this case, you have to let him know that you are not the right person to mess with.






5. Be firm in setting schedules and venues when meeting them.
Remember this: if a guy cannot respect your schedule, then he is not good for you. Move on to the next one. Although you have chatted a lot, he will still remain a stranger unless you have already been dating in real life many times. Hence, never meet a guy late at night. They might not be after you but only your body. This might not be their reason, but it’s better to assume it this way in order to be safe. Do not be so desperate that you fall into this trap and suffer the negative consequences afterwards.


*********************




6. Be yourself.
If you want to find the right person, then you have to be honest of who you are. You need to assure yourself that this person will accept the real you or else that would create trouble afterwards. You don’t want that, do you? You don’t need to fake yourself just to be liked because the right person will still like you no matter what you are. If you are funny, then just be funny. Who cares? It’s just a matter of compatibility. If the person you like doesn’t like you, just move on. I swear you can still find someone better, just wait and keep on searching.


These are all for now. Good luck, and have your fingers crossed! If you want to suggest something, feel free to put them in the comment section.
NOTE: This post has a combination of seriousness and craziness. User IDs were censored to protect the identity of my victims. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Go to Siargao from Samar the Cheapest and Easiest Way

Visa Application Sample Cover Letter for Freelancers

Adventure Diary: Pinipisakan Falls and Sulpan Cave