Lovers' Farewell





Ask me and I shall answer thee
What canst measure my love for thine
'Tis higher than the clouds 
Or 'twas deeper than the sea?
No dearest, for my love is eternally
And how I carest canst thou compareth be

Haveth I been weary of my groaning
For morow thou shouldst soon embark
All night make I in my bed thinking
Hast I water my couch with tears like a lark
But thy words of love consoleth me
'Twas whispered in my ears like buzz of bee

Though I'll be suffering with languor
Thy thought will make me fain every hour
Ah! My macrocosm couldst have swoon
If I had not met you not so soon
Aphrodite could've been so happy 
That cupid hit both I and thee


I wrote this poem in 2007, inspired by my sister and now brother-in-law when they were not yet married. They were on a long distance relationship as my brother-in-law was working in another country. The first stanza are words of assurance that her love for him cannot be measured by anything. Second and third stanza express grief as he has to go back abroad, but their thought for each other still keep them happy. After all, when love is true, distance doesn't matter. Two hearts may be separated for a moment, but they will find each other's way back. Goodbye is only temporary for two people who are truly in love, because they know that one day they can be together again and it will be forever. Now, my sister and brother-in-law have two cute kids. ^_^


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Go to Siargao from Samar the Cheapest and Easiest Way

Visa Application Sample Cover Letter for Freelancers

Adventure Diary: Pinipisakan Falls and Sulpan Cave